Thursday 5 July 2007

Slow week.....

It hasn't been the most exciting week here at Casa Cam & Amy. I've been working my a$$ off on my thesis. I sent a draft of almost 4000 words to my thesis supervisor on Monday night (at about midnight) and I got it back on Tuesday afternoon - the number of corrections and rethinks I have to do is ENORMOUS. So depressing.

We don't have many exciting pics for you this week. I've been doing a bit of a repeat week - I've made Seitan Bolognaise (nowhere near as tasty as the last batch), Fresh Spring Rolls (although I skip the noodles now & use grated carrot - so many less cals (I think!)), and a disasterous attempt at a stuffed seitan (it looks like roast beef with the potato when you slice it now)!

I had a friend over on Saturday morning & we made a SoG (Vegetation's fabbo term for Seitan o'Greatness) and some Apricot and Almond Cuppers from the Vegan Cupcake Bible (VCTOTW):
Almond & Apricot Cuppers

I didn't get a chance to try these, but I'm dying to try a variation with raspberry jam (I'm not an apricot fan)..... My friend said they were awesome! So I suppose I can take her word for it! :)

Cam cooked last night ('cause I was working on the thesis redraft - sigh). Potato and Leek soup. The leeks were a ripoff at about $2.50 a stalk (damn you drought), so we joked about not bruising our gold plated leeks. LOL.... Anyway, it totally rocked - we don't have a handmixer (and there's no way in hell I'm sticking something this hot into my food processor) so it was chunky! In a word - YUM!
Potato & Leek Soup

We're having pizza for dinner tonight (yay) so I may have a few pics in a few days. **End Communication**

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Those muffins look so moist and yummy! Good luck with the thesis edits, hopefully there aren't as many as you think! Plus, I think that getting the first draft done is the hardest part...you're almost there!

Caty said...

The cupcakes look gorgeous, I keep on passing by the recipe by but this has definately convinced me they're worth making.

The soup looks tasty too, and best of luck with the thesis redraft!