Monday 18 August 2008

Vegans in Brisneyland - part one

The first in a new series of food pictures (because I got a fancy new phone that takes awesome pictures!)
First up: My Heart Garden in St Lucia (a brisk five minute walk from the main campus of the University of Queensland (suck it QUT)).
I tend to visit this with friends for lively literary discussion, but I always forget my camera. Not anymore!
My Heart Garden - Burger
Cam had this burger - no idea what the name was... It looked gorgeous!
I had two of their great salads, with Korean Tofu. I'm so going to crack the recipe for the Korean Tofu!!!!
My Heart Garden - Salad
My Heart Garden - Korean Tofu They make the best cakes!
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake:
My Heart Garden - Vegan Cheesecake
Vegan Chocolate Cake (note the literary hands - she's writing her honours thesis on Anne Bronte's The Tennant of Wildfell Hall - yes we're all into old English lit!):
My Heart Garden - Vegan Chocolate Cake
They're open: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, 8am-9pm. Wed 8am-3pm. Sat 5pm - 9pm Sun Closed. (I always forget they're not open for lunch on Saturday!)
My Heart Garden: Shop 5 / 225 Hawken Drive, St Lucia 4067. 07 3870 8898

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

That "cheese"cake and chocolate cake look AMAZING!

Theresa said...

I guess when I visited there I went at the wrong time of day. There was only one cake in the display and it was not vegan! Though I did get the Neatwich to take on the plane with me, and aside from being messy it was so tasty.

Sylvia said...

Oh fantastic! I am so hungry right now.. these pictures made my stomach growl. It's hard to find good vegan sweets!
-sylvia
Cigars