Tuesday 3 February 2009

We're not dead, we're just busy

Yeah, yeah, I've been a slack blogger for about four months now.  I have an excuse - I bought a sewing machine, so I haven't been doing much in the way of cooking!
From what I remember I've made Get Sconed's Mac and Cheeze (with added mustard) and various stir-fries and salad.  While the Mac and Cheeze was awesome, everything else has been well, meh.
So, my blogtacular readers, I will leave you with this blurry picture that I don't remember taking.  It was taken from my front verandah on what I can assume was a stinking hot day.
More blogging soon.  With sewing!  (Maybe I'll have to change the name to Padawan sewer and Iron Chef Vegan or something lame).....
Iron Chef Amy out....
IMG_2942
Also - you have to check out this fabric I found online.  I didn't stop laughing for five minutes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fabric is hilarious! Oudoorsy Type Green~ LOL!!
Have fun sewing, and please show us what you make? >:o)

veggievixen said...

ooh, new sewing machine. totally legit excuse.

that fabric is amazing! please make something with it. (pillows?)

x said...

Sounds like you're having fun being creative! I wish I had the sewing bug, I borrowed a sewing machine last year and haven't touched it since then :(

Amy said...

Good to know you haven't died from heat. All I am going to say on that matter is UGH!

Feel free to blog your sewing! I'll just as happily look at it :D I'm a terrible seamstress (I did type sewer there but it produced images of....well....sewers :P).

Haha, love the fabric!

Amy said...

I hadn't thought of that. And why is it that men sewers are "tailors" and women are "seamstresses"? I'd rather be a seamster. Is it that men used to be able to do the exciting stuff, and the women got stuck with seams?
Sorry - in a rather feminist mood at the moment... :)