Thursday 21 January 2016

Week 2 review / Week 3 partial review/plans

Sooooo, I couldn't be arsed blogging on Sunday, so here's the review of last week and what we've done so far this week!

The Tofu Reuben on Monday night was really good.  I took leftovers to work the next day.  We used biocheese (I think?)

A photo posted by Amy Tuite (@ironchefvegan) on


The Lemongrass Tofu Bahn Mi was amaaaaazing as always:

A photo posted by Amy Tuite (@ironchefvegan) on


The rest of the week went downhill 'cause I went out for drinks on both Thursday and Friday night. Lawyering requires frequent consumption of alcohol.

Saturday night we had the Caesar salad wraps with blackened tempeh from the Real Food Daily Cookbook. Dressing was different, but fairly tasty. Terrible photo:

A photo posted by Amy Tuite (@ironchefvegan) on
On Sunday night we made pizza. We actually made 11 mini pizzas. They freeze really well and are good reheated (we have one of those convection microwaves). We only ate four. I made some of the mozzarella from scratch using Miyoko's latest mozzarella recipe:



On Monday this week we finally had the Perfected Chickpea Salad - I made them on wraps. Really good. It was so nice I had it for lunch twice!

A photo posted by Amy Tuite (@ironchefvegan) on


Which leads me to all the tacos! My copy of Taco Cleanse FINALLY arrived, so it's all tacos for the forseeable future. This was the infinite "Fish" tacos using Gardein. The coleslaw recipe says it makes enough for 12 tacos. That should read at least 24-30 tacos. It's really delicious though.



We've been eating more tacos over the last few days to use up all that delicious coleslaw. I'm thinking of doing the scramble tofu, 'bacon' and 'cheese' tacos for breakfast on Saturday and maybe the 'brisket' tacos on Sunday night. I don't feel cleansed. Yet. :) Otherwise, I have no real cooking plans - going to wing it! It's the week for breaking new years resolutions anyway.