Friday 9 February 2007

Apple Bread



I'm pretty proud of this one - the recipe was mostly my own concoction!
We're lucky enough to have inherited a breadmaker from my mother (she's off the carbs - yay for us) and I love making things with it! My favourite is Pizza, but I bake herbs into the crust with olive oil, so it's really yummy!
Back to the apple bread - basically I played with a recipe from the breadmaker book.

Ingredients: 270ml liquid (I did about 150ml water & 120ml soy milk), 2 tablespoons of oil (generous), 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 3 cups bread flour (it needs to be bread flour, not any other kind), decent shake of cinnamon (I'd probably go for about 3 teaspoons at least next time), yeast packet (they come in packs of about 12 in the baking section of the food getting place)...

Throw everything into the breadmaker. Turn on breadmaker & set onto the dough setting. After 1hr, remove from the breadmaker & shape. Leave to rise for about 20(ish) mins & bake. I tried putting cinnamon sugar on the top of one of the rolls & it looked cool.

I'm dying to try a recipe for choc-chip and apple bread, perhaps very soon.....

No comments: