3 cups Wong Bok
2 3/4 cups Dried Mushrooms
2 cups Textured Vegetable Protein
7 heaped tsp Chinese Mahogany Sauce
1/2 to 3/4 tsp Salt
4 Tbsp Vegetarian Mushroom Oyster Sauce
1-2 Tbsp Sesame Oil (for filling) Sesame Oil to taste (for dipping sauce)
1 tsp White Pepper
1.Rehydrate mushrooms with hot water, drain and chop finely with a food processor.
2. Tear the wong bok into rough strips and chop finely with water in a food processor. Firmly press the water out of the chopped wong bok when done.
3. Fry the textured vegetable protein and chopped mushroom in a fry pan (I like to use a wok).
4. After about 5 minutes, remove heat and add the wong bok, white pepper, sesame oil, Chinese mahogangy sauce, vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce and salt.
5. Use this as filing to make dumplings from the wrappers. Seal the dumpings with a little water around the edges of the wrappers.
6. Gently boil the dumplings in a mixture of water with a little oil. As the water starts to boil hard, add a little cold water to reduce the temperature to a low boil. Repeat this boiling cycle three times. The dumplings are done when the wrappers become nearly transparent and the filling is clearly visable. Strain the dumplings and toss in a bowl with a little sesame oil.
7. Serve with a sauce made from sesame oil and soy sauce.