Tuesday 27 November 2007

Backlog catchup!

Here's what we've been trying from our new cookbooks!

Cam attempted a curry from his own recipe. It was pretty tasty. Still needs a bit of work though.
Cam's Curry Original

We've been making lots of this roast! It's the Sanitarium vegetarian roast. I made Sweet Potato Mash - where has this been all my life? I can't go more than a week without this roast.Sanitarium Roast, veggies and sweet potato mash

Creamy Chickpea Soup with Moroccan Spice Oil (The Voluptuous Vegan page 34). Like my smiley face? This was really runny, but super delish.Voluptuous Vegan Creamy Chickpea Soup with Moroccan Spice Oil

Yin Yang Salad with Peanut-Sesame Dressing (The Real Food Daily Cookbook p99). This contains 2/3cup of peanut butter. It's peanut-tastic!Real Food Daily Yin yang salad

Salt and Pepper Tofu (The Post Punk Kitchen Forums, here). My friend Kath loved this. We also had too much wine that night!Salt and Pepper Tofu

Caesar Salad with Roast Garlic Croutons (Veganomicon p81). I added Joni's Bakin Bits on the top. Yum! Beware: Those croutons are amazing (and amazingly fatty).

Veganomicon Caesar Salad

Cholent (Veganomicon p182). Cam made this one. We loved it!Veganomicon Cholent

If you don't have Veganomicon yet. WHY ARE YOU HOLDING OUT? Seriously. This cookbook rocks. I don't know how Isa and Terry are going to top this one.

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, Cam's curry looks quite enticing - how fun that it's an original recipe! :0)

The Roast, Creamy Chickpea Soup (love the smiley face!), Yin Yang Salad with Peanut-Sesame Dressing (2/3 cup peanut butter?? yum!), Caesar Salad, and Cholent ALSO look quite enticing and delicious - and I agree, Veganomicon does indeed rock. I've only made one recipe so far, but it was a sensational one!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Veganomicon is sold out now isn't it? :(

jaxin said...

Wow that salt and pepper tofu looks excellent. (Everything else does too, but I'm in the mood for tofu! :P)


I just found this blog! I was searching for vegan fried rice. YAY! FOR MORE FOOD TO LOOK AT!

Anonymous said...

those look really tasty! i've been intimidated to buy veganomicon because of how complex the recipes seem to be. i should really quit my belly-aching and just buy it already. they have it our local b&n.....

Anonymous said...

God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Jhon 3:16.................

Anonymous said...

I don't like the sound of all those lists he's making - it's like taking too many notes at high school; you experience you've achieved something when you haven't.