Sunday 29 June 2008

Mmmmmmmm veggies......

I'm pretty damn proud of the recipe I'm sharing today - I made it up all on my own!!!! It's a polenta, but there's veggies and beans mixed into it before setting. Yummy.

Make the polenta as directed. While you're doing that saute about two to three cups of mushrooms. When the polenta is almost cooked, add in the cooked mushrooms, one tin of cannellini beans, half a chopped capsicum, mixed italian herbs, 2T nutritional yeast. It'll need to cook for a bit longer (the veggies will let off a bit of liquid), once it's a nice porridge again, turn off the heat. Add the baby spinach in handfuls and quickly stir through (you don't want the spinach to wilt - it ruins the cool texture. Pour into a glass dish and refrigerate for at least three hours. Then grill at will. It's pretty low in fat and super yummo. Voila!



Also - here's a salad we made with the Tamari Roasted Chickpeas from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan and grilled marinated tofu.


Hope your weekend is going well - I've finally properly started on my scarf (my friend Melissa helped me cast on and select wool yesterday). I'm looking forward to a day of watching Buffy/Grey's Anatomy and knitting!

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, that salad is so colorful!!

I love knitting and crocheting scarves - so fun and relaxing. Enjoy!

Catherine Weber said...

Learning how to knit is on my list of things to do . . . thanks for the reminder!

P.S. Those roasted chickpeas look delicious! I've just started roasting chickpeas myself, and they are so crunchy, salty, and fantastic!

Anardana said...

That salad looks great- roasted chickpeas (especially that recipe) are MAGICAL.

Amy said...

The chickpeas are awesome, but I currently have tofu in the oven with that same marinade - hopefully my experiment will work.

As for knitting.... I did about 45cm yesterday. My fingers hurt!!! How is knitting relaxing again????? :)

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Everything looks so good!

Theresa said...

Both of those meals look really good. Colourful and yummy and they seem fairly easy to put together...

I haven't done any crocheting in 2 years, but reading about your scarf-making is giving me the urge... Maybe I'll have to go to spotlight.

Peace, Love and Veganism said...

Oh my god! The white chocolate from the last post - I could almost smell it! :) It is the one thing I really, really miss and haven't had the courage to order online yet. The cassoulet looks great, too.

Anonymous said...

This salad looks heavenly.I love beanie salads!