Sunday 30 March 2008

Cinnamon, Sultana & Craisin Bread (with recipe!)



What does a girl do on a Sunday night when there's no bread in the house for the morning? Bakes yummy bread (and does a dance because she's finally discovered how to make the bread SOFT!). Yummers.

Cinnamon, Sultana & Craisin Bread


Ingredients:
270mL Water (replace a third with "milk" of your choice - I used soymilk)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1.5 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3 cups Bread Flour (punk up your own by using 1 Tbsp of gluten flour per cup of plain flour)
3 heaped tsp Cinnamon
1 sachet dried yeast
1/3 cup mixed sultanas & craisins

I was lazy and used the breadmaker. I used the dough setting and pulled it out 30 mins before it finished rising. Then I shaped it for the loaf tin and let it rise again in the cold oven for approx 60 mins (I boiled a pot of water, poured it into a baking tray and shut the door so it could steam). I baked it for approx 25 mins in a 200 degree oven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks so good!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GREAT-looking breads - yum!

Calimaryn said...

mmm That is yummy looking breakfast bread!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Mmmm thanks for the recipe!