Monday 14 May 2007

Completely unoriginal - gnocchi!!!

I have to thank Vegetation over at Vegetation Ramblings (link to the right) for the idea for this (although after three hours cooking, I'm not so sure ;) ).

Gnocchi1

Anyway, it was pretty tasty!!! My recipe was as follows:
Ingredients:
1 portion of gnocchi (recipe from Nonna's Italian Kitchen)
1 portion of vegan parmesan (ditto)
1 portion of almond vegan ricotta (ditto again)
500g roasted pumpkin
Nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
Recipe:
In a bowl, combine about a cup of ricotta, the pumpkin and 4 tablespoons of the vegan parmesan in a bowl. Mix together (don't mash the pumpkin too much, although it isn't really that bad...) and add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
After cooking the gnocchi, drain and put back into the empty saucepan. Add the pumpkin sauce and stir until warm. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with more parmesan. Enjoy!
Original Recipe here!

Anyway, have a go....

The next day I made an ultra simple pasta sauce and cooked the rest for lunch. The pasta sauce is, you guessed it, Isa's pizza sauce, bastardized (thanks Tez - the tropical vegan) for my requirements (I use the entire tin of tomatoes, including the juice). Cam played Cricket with friends on Saturday morning and was STARVED!!! I believe we enjoyed this in front of an episode of Scrubs. ;)

Gnocchi2

I sent my batch of cookies off for the first Aussie cookie swap on the PPK forums, but I won't spoil the surprise for my partner. Check back in a few days for cookie pics!!!!

No comments: