Wednesday 18 April 2007

Black Eyed Bean & Mushroom Stroganoff



I'm a wee bit obsessed with this recipe at the moment (I believe I've cooked it three times in as many weeks. The recipe is on page 136 of Sarah Kramer's La Dolce Vegan!
I substituted the mock meat with Black Eyed Beans (that I put on to soak last night). It was tasty (I love the sauce, I believe I could drink it) but I think that next time I'll mash the beans a bit before I add it to the sauce (I added the beans in after the mushrooms & onions were browned). The beans didn't really soak up any of the sauce.

Still yummy though.

And now, for the newest, geekiest section of this blog, I'm going to start referencing the recipes (when from cookbooks) in MLA style. I'm trying to get the reference style into my head for my thesis, so this is good practice!!!

Referencing the whole book:

Kramer, Sarah. La Dolce Vegan! Vegan Livin' Made Easy. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp, 2005.

Referencing the recipe:

Kramer, Sarah. "Phebe's Mushroom Stroganoff." La Dolce Vegan! Vegan Livin' Made Easy. Ed. Sarah Kramer. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp, 2005.

I can't get Blogger to indent the second line - darnit.... Anyway, enjoy!!!

No comments: