Tuesday 17 April 2007

Dinner - as made by my Ma

We had dinner @ Mum & Dad's on Sunday night. Mum made fritters (which were a favourite of mine when I was a kid, but I haven't had them since I became vegan)...... Yummy (carbs & fat).......
Here's the mix:


If I remember correctly, Mum said it was a cup of flour, 3 tsp of Baking Powder, 2 serves egg replacer & soy milk to make a runny mix. Then add veggies. She added red onion, grated carrots, grated zucchini and corn (that she microwaved and de-cobbed). She fried them with canola oil (you do it like pancakes - wait for the bubbles and then flip) & served them with a tomato relish (I didn't get a photo).....

Here's the tasty results (Mum said that there were too many, but there were none left after Cam & I had finished with them!!!):


Appetizer was some spicy pumpkin soup:


For dessert Cam & I took over the trusty pie maker & had simple apple pies (Canola based puff pastry, can of baking apple, cinnamon sugar). Even though you can only see the outside, I assure you they were the bomb....


Peace out - enjoy the veggie freedom!!!!

No comments: