Sunday 15 April 2007

I'm a lazy, lazy blogger

A lovely friend of mine invited me over to her place last week for dinner, so I took my camera - I left it at her place. Ha! I have an excuse for being lazy.. ;)
Anyway, here's the food we've been eating for the last couple of weeks:

Last night: Malaysian Curry (made by my boyfriend)....

In the words of Elmo (I think) this is definitely a 'sometimes' food. Laden with Coconut Cream and generous quantities of canola oil, this one's for when you've been v. good with your food! So tasty though (just had a bowl for breakfast!!!!). Perhaps the brown rice makes up a teeny weeny bit for the fat??? LOL.. We got this recipe from the lovely people who owned ID Cafe in Fortitude Valley. I really miss their laksa (although now I have the recipe!!!).... :(

According to the photo properties we had this on April 3 - I've posted a pic of this one before - Ginger Miso Tofu Salad. It's incredibly fresh tasting (but you do get slightly wierded out (is that even a word???) by the tofu - it comes off the grill looking like Chinese BBQ pork). The miso ginger dressing is so tasty. I think we may have gone overboard with the sesame seeds.....




I seem to be posting lots of meals that my boyfriend has cooked of late - he's making up for a few weeks ago (he took GAMSAT & I did all the cooking, etc so he could study). I'm meant to be catching up on my thesis - it's going VERY slowly.....

Anyway, here's another Vegan Monkey creation:


I believe this recipe is from The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Yamuna Devi. It was very good. It reminded me of the delightful curries you get from Krisha restaurants - very fragrant, but not too heavy......

I couldn't go a week without making cupcakes, I actually had a few left over when I took them to work - everyone's either been off sick or on holidays...... These ones are the basic vanilla and basic chocolate cupcakes 'marbled' together with Peanut Butter icing (from VCTOTW). I've gone on a health kick (I've started running on the treadmill - I did 5kms in 38mins 30secs on Friday). Anyway - here they are in all their unhealthy glory:


I'm drooling just looking at them.... How very Homer Simpson of me.....

And finally, a silly picture I took at my friend's place. She forgot to take the screw cap off the wine bottle before pouring..... Here's our silly reconstruction:


I'll be a little less lazy this week I think!!! Enjoy your vegan food everyone!!!! xxooxxx

No comments: