Wednesday 8 October 2008

VeganMoFo - Wednesday 8th October 2008

It was inevitable. I, the one who refuses to fill out surveys, have succumbed to the vegan survey doing the bloggy rounds. EAR made me do it? I've corrected the English!!!!
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off – only when it’s sung by Ella Fitzgerald though. One of the millions of things I picked up from my mum was a love of jazz/blues singers.
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I constantly update my wishlist on Amazon. Probably every six months I buy about 8. And then they don’t get used! (Unless it’s Veganomicon)
3. What did you eat today?
Breakfast: Leftover cornbread with low-fat Nuttelex
Morning Tea: Dried Fruit and Nuts from the fruit stand @ uni
Lunch: Vegan Lentil pie from the new food co-op at uni. It was an interesting experience visiting their quarters. I suppose you’d say that these guys are REAL hippies.
Afternoon Snack: Icy Pole – raspberry flavour. It was HOT on Monday, so Cam and I got iceblocks!
Dinner: Why answer that and ruin a perfectly good blog post tomorrow? :)
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
Tings, Teese – see previous post
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Eat the cupcake dammit. EAT IT!!!!
6. Favourite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Sweet Chilli Sauce, but when it’s completely watered down!
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
23 – Vegetarian 25 - Vegan
8. Favourite vegan cheeze?
Cheezley – the mozzarella one
9. Cutest baby animal?
Obviously turtles. They’re so cute when they fall over themselves.
10. Favourite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Raspberry Jam from Uncle Steve. Damn that’s good jam!
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
2 x Calcium, 1 x Multi-Vitamin (for the iron) and 1 x Vitamin D (I don’t like the sun)
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Um, it’s called Autumn dammit.
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Chocolate.
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Coke Zero?
15. It’s 10PM and you’re starving. What do you eat?
Whatever asian vegan snacks I can find in the freezer
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
They love peas!
17. Worst injury you’ve gotten in the kitchen?
I used my mandolin without the cover – I still have my finger tip luckily!
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
The PPK
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Summer’s just starting! I will miss leeks over summer though!
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
In the fridge/my desk – vanilla soy yoghurt/walnuts to put in the yoghurt
21. Favourite soup to make on a rainy day?
Tomato with either chickpeas or mushroom chunks (a beef analogue)
22. What’s your favourite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Watermelon, Pinapple, Apple and Mint
23. Favourite brand of root beer?
Bundaberg Ginger Beer – what’s root beer?
24. Make up your own question!
Dear Strongbad, Why wear pants? Creepy pants all the time get some.
Vote early for the next blog overlord! I'd say vote often, but I can only get it to vote once (otherwise there'd totally be rigging going on!).
Otherwise...
EAR 03-10
(He's threatening you with my nail clippers. Isn't he adorable?!)

4 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

What a cute little guy!

I agree - no chocolate = not a happy world.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for surveys!! :0)

Jen Treehugger said...

You have to revise your answer to number one - I won't be able to sleep until you do.

Theresa said...

I love reading people's answers to surveys.

Also, you probably know "root beer" as "sarsparilla". I'm with you though. Ginger beer is the best.