Wednesday 1 October 2008

VeganMoFo a go go!!!!

VeganMoFo
Right.  Now that I've got that out of my system, I'd like to introduce you to this month's VeganMoFo mascot, Steve's friend, the evil acrylic rabbit:
Mofo Mascot
Actually, he was meant to be a hamster for Cam, but I'm not very good at the knitting yet!  Isn't it kinda cool how he looks evil and demented at the same time?  So rad......
So evil acrylic rabbit (EAR - ha it's funny because the ears are the worst part), what did I eat last night?
 Leftover Cassoulet
YMCA (which stands for Yesterday's Meal Cooked Again - my family has a penchant for stupid nicknames for things) Leek and Bean Cassoulet from Veganomicon.  I'm SO going to miss leeks over summer!  One thing, I always put mushrooms in this (they explode with tasty juice when you eat them), but I always wish I put more in. I could seriously live off mushrooms.
And for lunch?
Spicy Nugget Soup
We've discovered that the Trident brand Hot and Spicy Thai soup is vegan!  So I fried up some soy nuggets for extra tasty goodness (warning: you'll need a tissue for hours after eating this!).  Add extra coriander for a burst of fresh flavour!
Veganomicon is one of those cookbooks that I keep coming back to.  I tend to make the same recipes over and over (I'm tempted to go back and count how many times I've posted this meal!).  Cam's more of an explorer when it comes to food.  I like the comfort of knowing dinner's going to be amazingly tasty (last week I tried a new recipe and it turned out very badly - I was heartbroken after three hours cooking).  Hopefully I can kick my arse into trying new recipes this month.
I'm going to try and make brinner (breakfast for dinner) one day this month (it will have to be a weekend day).  I'm definitely going to try Celine's Seitan Bacon for that one!
One day down, 30 to go!!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You even have a VeganMoFo mascot? That's so cool!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAHA!!! Love the evil acrylic rabbit as your Vegan MoFo mascot :0)

Unknown said...

I think I...am in love with ze mascot.

allularpunk said...

i've been wanting to make the leek and bean cassoulet since i got vcon over a month ago.. i think tonight is theeeee night!

allularpunk said...

oh, i totally forgot to add that your mascot is hilarious and adorable.

donesmoking said...

mmmm...that soup looks so good!

Vegan_Noodle said...

A veganmofo mascot... awesome. Will he appear in every post? I hope so!

Amy said...

Awww I think your bun bun is adorable!!!! (and I have that same habit of feeling destroyed after hours of cooking only to have a disaster. It makes me go running for the comfort meals for sure!)

Zoey said...

I love that you have a Vegan MoFo mascot! Will we get to see it every post?

Amy said...

Yup - EAR will appear in all my VeganMoFo posts. Isa posted about it on her blog. I'm having such an OMG moment right now!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your mascot!!!

Bex said...

great mascot. He does have an evil glint in his eyes.
I haven't made the cassoulet yet but now that I see it I know it is something I'm going to really love. I must make it.

Lily Girl said...

That's a great MoFo mascot! And it's nice to know the Cassoulet makes good leftovers, we eat a lot of those!

KZ said...

I love yr ideas for future MoFo posts. Maybe you can ghost write one for EAR!

Anonymous said...

Your mascot is awesome, and I'm inspired to try the cassoulet soon.

VeganView said...

I adore that little mascot friend, how cute! Yay for Vegan MoFo :)

JENNA said...

I love the mascot! He's so adorable!

Sheree' said...

I love your hungry friend and YMCA! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

what a great mofo mascot!