Tuesday 3 September 2013

VeganMofo 2013: Day 4–Why vegan? Wednesdays

Hi everyone!  Hope you’re having a rocking good time reading VeganMofo posts.  I’ve been posting links to my page on Facebook and have had to explain that Mofo isn’t Mofo.  Lol.

 

Anyway, I was thinking last week that it might be cool to get some other non-blogging vegans to answer a quick questionnaire on why they’re vegan (for one, it’s always interesting to hear why people are vegan AND it gives me a chance to be lazy with post-writing!  AND I’ve been sick for the last two days, getting out of writing is good.)

 

This week we have Susan.  I met Susan ages ago through mutual vegan friends.  She runs the awesome Eating for Animals and is a veterinarian – who cares about animals more than them!

 

Who is your favourite vegan cookbook author?

Robin Robertson is my number one. Plus as well as writing so many fantastic cookbooks she also has excellent taste in TV shows and is a total cat lady. Bonus!  Dreena Burton and Julie Hasson are also close to my heart.

What's your current favourite recipe? 

I try and cook a new recipe almost every night (eternal quest of trying to cook through all my cookbooks), so it is hard to say! The Mac and Cheese from Vegan Diner, Berry Patch Brownies from Let Them Eat Vegan, and the Miso Potato Tofu Stew in Vegan With A Vengeance are a few that come to mind.

I'm currently obsessed with Mexican food. What's your favourite cuisine?

I am a pretty big fan of them all. Thai and Japanese would be at the top of my list. I swoon for a good Pad See Ew or Eggplant Dengaku.

I've always been a fan of Iron Chef French, which Iron Chef would you want to be? 

I haven't watched Iron Chef for a long time, but I think Iron Chef French as well. If only because my favourite episode ever was set in a French castle and the Chairman wore the most hysterical ceremonial cloak ever.

Finally, and most importantly... Why are you vegan?

For the animals, plain and simple. The fact that the food is amazing is a pretty big bonus. ;)

 

Thanks for participating Susan! 

 

Thursday’s blog post is currently a mystery.  Hopefully today will bring inspiration!

No comments: