Tuesday 20 March 2007

Filo pastry - my new best friend



I'm a wee bit obssessed with eating raw pastry - it's one of my many food fetishes.... So when I discovered a vegan filo pastry, I knew I was in for trouble.

I did, however, manage to make two tasty meals outta filo before I ate the entire packet.

Filling one (no picture): Fry up about 2 cups of 'shrooms with an onion & a wee bit of onion. Once the 'shrooms release the liquid, turn off and add teaspoon or two of vegan gravy mix. Chop up some fresh asparagus and add to the mix. Roll up in filo pastry & bake for about twenty(ish) minutes - watch the oven though - burned filo ain't tasty.

Filling two (picture!): I took the leftover veggies from Saturday's polenta & added more 'shrooms..... I filled the filo & baked. This wasn't as awesome as the mushroom & asparagus, but still good! (see below for what the filling looked like)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yum! I'll have to try these! I too have that raw filo pastry eating fetish. NOT good for the diet but oh so tasty.

Anonymous said...

so this pastry has no eggs or milk or anything?? Isn't that what vegans are, don't eat anything produced by animals...how can you live like that?? Anyway, i need to do research for an RE project at school, and you could be a great help!!

Isaac (the anon guy) said...

By the way...i clicked anonymous because i don't have a google account thingy. my name is isaac...hello to you!