Monday 28 May 2007

Sunday's Indian Feast & cookie swap photos!

Indian Feast

Cam cooked almost all day Sunday to make a feast for us! His sister, her husband and Cam's nephew joined us - they're omni and they LOVED it!!!

All the recipes come from The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking - the bread is a Chickpea and Whole Wheat bread (it was meant to be puffy, but we just baked in the oven), there's a tomato glazed chickpeas and a dahl. The salad is a quick combination of evenly chopped tomatoes, onions and cucumber drowned in a sea of lemon juice and liberal additions of sea salt.

They were all very tasty - I'm afraid I really cannot compete with Cam when it comes to Indian food - he is the master (but we won't let it go to his head, will we?)....

We checked the mail this afternoon (Monday) and we had presents!!! Mel had sent us through our cookies from the PPK cookie swap (next time I'll advertise here - that's an incentive to keep you checking my site... LOL).

We opened the box and found this note:
Note

And then under the cool orange paper we found these cookies! You can see how small my hands really are in this photo - I am a 160cm midget:

Cookie!


OMG!!! These were so tasty!!! She spoiled us and used white choc chips - as far as I know you can only get these on mail order in Australia. Thank you Mel!!!!!

For those of you playing along at home, this is the blog post she refers to: http://bakingbites.com/2006/06/white-chocolate-macadamia-cookies/

And check Vegetation's post on the Human Battery Cage - currently touring Oz...
http://vegetationramblings.blogspot.com/2007/05/human-battery-cage-in-town.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these cookies look so amazing! and I'm a 165 cm midget myself. waaaaaaaaah!

urban vegan said...

I could eat Indian food every day and never get tired of it.

That cookie looks amazing...the cookie swap sounds lieka great success, and fun, too.

Theresa said...

I'm having dahl tonight! Peter Singer was on the ABC last night, and he gave his recipe, so Andy is going to make it.

Lucky you, with the cookie swap goodies! And that battery cage says it's coming to the 'north queensland coast'--I hope that means here!

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow vegans! Your photo has inspired us to make chickpea curry over Basmati rice!

Add our site when you have the chance!

http://cookvegan.blogspot.com/