Wednesday 13 August 2008

Wicked!!!!

So my trip to Melbourne was about four weeks ago now (but I can tell you lots of information about negligence torts with regards to omissions and psychiatric illness!), so it's probably about time that I shared the photos.  They're pretty damn blurry because my hands were shaking the whole time (yes, I was that cold).
Blurry Wicked
Wicked was wickedly (lame, I know) awesome.  The fact that I knew all of the songs didn't detract from the performance.  I'm wearing my Defy Gravity t-shirt right now!
Vegan Wares
We spent most of the Saturday walking to Collingwood so I could get a new belt from Vegan Wages.  Above: picture of Vegan Mecca #1.
Vegan Mecca #2: Lord of the Fries!
Lord of the Fries Burger 1 This was taken at three in the morning at our hotel.  OMG.  How can the Melbourne vegans eat anywhere else?
We found Las Vegan, but alas, they were closed.
Las Vegan
Finally, on Saturday night (after the show) one of my friends from high school took us to an awesome cocktail bar called Ginger.  Wow.  This bar showed me just how far Brisbane has to go to creating a decent nightlife.
Ginger cocktail 1
I can't remember what the red one was called, but the one below was called Napoleon Dynamite! (ignore the non-vegan cocktail behind it)
Napoleon Dynamite Cocktail from Ginger
All in all it was an awesome trip.  I'm dying to visit Melbourne when it's a little warmer!!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a fabulous trip you had!! Oh and I LOVE 'Wicked' - such a great performance!

Katy said...

I love Wicked! I saw it in NY a year and a half ago and it was AMAZING! I even have the soundtrack in my car cd player right now!
And torts was my favorite 1L class because I had a great prof, but I was glad when it was over!

Theresa said...

Ooh, looks like fun. I'll be going to Melbourne in December and I'm hoping it isn't 45 degrees or whatever it gets like there in summer!

x said...

Glad you had a great trip to Melb, Amy! I am hoping to get there eventually too xox