Monday 9 September 2013

VeganMofo 2013: Post 11–Mac and Cheeze Monday take two

Last week I asked you for Mac and Cheeze recipe suggestions.  I took Susan’s suggestion and made the Mac and Cheeze from Vegan Diner.  I added in liquid smoke, powdered mustard and didn’t include the sweet paprika (only because we didn’t have it in the house).  It was so creamy – probably due to the cashews.  I only got three servings out of it because I’m a pig when it comes to pasta.

IMG_3853

Mac and Cheeze is impossible to photograph well. I think it’s because it’s all one colour.

 

I hadn’t made a nut based mac and cheeze before.  It’s an interesting method that requires patience!  I soaked the cashews in hot water for half an hour while I rode the exercise bike (and watched the newest episode of Dance Academy).

 

I might try the Mac and Cheeze recipe from Veganomicon next week.  Stuck for ideas for the rest of the week though.  Hopefully Cam will come up with something!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great you're trying recipes from different cookbooks, cause then I know which one to make ;-)

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love this mac & cheese, it made it onto my favourites list!

Mel said...

I'm not the biggest Mac n Cheese fan going around but I know I enjoyed the Vegan Diner recipe. Your bowl of mac looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yum, it looks so saucy!

Susan said...

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Bex @ Vegan Sparkles said...

Oooh, that does look good! I do love a good cashew cheese sauce.

Johanna GGG said...

oh that looks so good and cheesy - mmmmm